Smart Homes are becoming a new norm in today’s day and age, and with that so has the reach to smart devices become much easier to the domestic customer. You would find that smart lights, smart door locks, smart cameras are among those that are purchased by the average American person. Why is that so?
Smart devices generally, bring with them the feature of automating your homes in an inexpensive manner, alongside additional benefits, such as energy efficiency and home security. One such device is the smart thermostat – the ideal device for cutting back on the main reason behind those high heating and cooling bills all year round.
There is so much to these little devices, and so much that they can do – with several brands available. One of the best contenders out there is the Honeywell T9 Smart Thermostat from the Honeywell Home series of smart devices. Here’s a brief on the features of the T9.
Honeywell Home T9 Smart Thermostat
Retailing at a price of $199.99, the Honeywell T9 smart thermostat comes with an additional room sensor. Here’s what the device can do.
While the thermostat is mounted onto a wall of your residence, it is still accessible via the Honeywell Home mobile app – downloadable onto your smartphones, tablets and even laptops. Through the app, users can control their thermostat from practically wherever they are and additionally, the T9 is also compatible with smart speakers featuring Alexa and the Google Assistant that allows users to enable voice control too!
This leaves zero room for energy wastage, but what’s more is that the T9 has the ability to overtime learn temperature patterns and preferences by users – and adjusts itself accordingly, so that you won’t have to. Similarly the device uses the mobile app to track when you’re coming and going – that adds to the energy saving factor.
Its room sensor is referred to as a smart room sensor. Alongside the T9, the sensor works by offering temperature control of individual rooms. While there may be one sensor available upon purchase with the T9 Smart Thermostat, users can of course buy more separately. These sensors can adjust temperatures in individual rooms according to user preferences, other than being manually adjusted via the mobile application itself.
What’s more is that the device provides monthly energy reports so users can compare the usage overtime too. Not just that, but it sends alerts to your mobile devices any time any filters need a change or if temperatures change abruptly. There’s nothing that can bypass the user.
How to Install the T9 Smart Thermostat
Much like all smart home devices, the T9 smart thermostat is fairly easy to install by yourself. However considering there is electrical wiring involved, users must be careful to call in a professional if they feel doubtful.
Here are the basic steps involved in installing the T9 Smart Thermostat – please refer to the user manual upon purchasing the device for exact instructions.
- Users must first switch off the power to the particular outlet, from the main circuit breaker of the house. This is to avoid any sort of danger or accidents.
- Remove the old thermostat that is already installed in place. Make sure to take the device out of the mount first and disconnect the wiring carefully.
- For the T9, you would need a new mounting plate. Replace the old mounting plate with the new one.
- Take the wiring out from within the opening of the plate gently. This would make it easy to connect the wiring to the new device.
- Attach the wiring to the T9 smart thermostat. Check with the manual to see which port is the right one for which specific wire.
- Once the wiring has been connected to the relevant ports, place the device into its mount. Gently push the device into its mount for it to hold.
- Before putting the device into the mount, check for the power button to switch the device on beforehand.
- Once the device is switched on and fixed into its mount, the next step involves setting up the device itself. It would have to be connected to the home Wi-Fi network and then configured from the screen on the device as well as the smartphone application.
The Honeywell Smart Thermostat series are some of the best and quite reasonably priced smart thermostats available to the domestic market – with the T9 standing out, given its smart feature of learning temperature adjustments, a feature that many smart thermostat brands have yet to adopt. Think about all the benefits that come with the device – it is like an investment into your home, just as all other smart home devices are!
Head on over to FirstEnergy Home’s website www.firstenergyhome.com today, and check out their catalogue of smart home devices. You’ll definitely find something worthy!